Our Private Wealth Associate Programme is a premiere career accelerator programme for people seeking a new career in Wealth Management.
Over a 24 month period, candidates progress from being a Private Wealth Associate all the way through to the role Private Wealth Manager. The Private Wealth Associate Programme is open to applications internationally.
We hire talented and ambitious people who seek to work in an exceptional environment. They have many different educational backgrounds, not limited to financial qualifications. While financial or technical knowledge is always valued in our industry, qualifications and experience are not required.
Our Private Wealth team and Private Wealth clients come from a diverse range of backgrounds, and Private Wealth team members will gain a great deal of international exposure, working alongside professionals from the UK, Asia, Europe, and Australia. Further to professional relationships, we have a global focus on financial markets, and candidates will develop familiarity with financial markets across Asia-Pacific, Europe, and the United States.
JOINING THE TEAM - YOUR FIRST MONTH
Contribute from Day 1 and prepare with all the knowledge and experience you need to succeed in Wealth Management.
- Complete entry level professional certification to work in the financial services industry (during work hours, paid for by the company).
- Participate in weekly management meetings across different teams to gain a deeper understanding of the company and culture.
- Internal training with experienced professionals with 10+ years of experience, and on the job training on our financial technology systems.
PRIVATE WEALTH ASSOCIATE - YOUR SECOND & THIRD MONTH
As a Private Wealth Associate you will commence day to day work in the Private Wealth Team. Your responsibilities include:
- Develop and maintain close, long-term relationships with clients built on trust, while analysing the wealth requirements of new clients.
- Partner directly with a Private Wealth Specialist and work together serving client relationships; help with diary management and preparation for meetings, under the guidance of Private Wealth Managers.
- Participate in industry training to learn about the wealth management industry in greater detail. For instance, joining quarterly presentations from fund and asset managers we liaise with internationally
PRIVATE WEALTH SPECIALIST - 3 MONTHS TO 24 MONTHS
As a Private Wealth Specialist you will advance in the Private Wealth Team. Your responsibilities include:
- Full Confirmation as an employee, and a full time position on the Private Wealth team when you advance to this role.
- Partner directly with a Private Wealth Manager.
- Continuous development via internationally recognised CISI qualifications.
- Develop a deep knowledge of investment and legal concepts such as trust structures, wealth portfolio construction, portfolio reviews, and financial reporting requirements.
- Learn how to evaluate and understand client wealth structures in depth.
- Have new Private Wealth Associates assigned to you, and gain leadership experience.
PRIVATE WEALTH MANAGER - PROCEED WHEN READY
As a Private Wealth Manager you will be a fully fledged Wealth Management Professional. Your responsibilities include:
- Take the lead in individual client relationships, ensuring Melbourne Capital Group always delivers the best results for our clients. You will be given additional resources and support to ensure you’re empowered to help clients reach their goals.
- Continue professional development through ongoing industry training and qualifications, to keep abreast of an ever changing industry.
- Specialise in a specific area of Wealth Management, such as IHT planning, bespoke trusts, investment selection, portfolio construction, and more.
- Have Private Wealth Specialists assigned to work with you, giving you the opportunity to develop your leadership skills and management experience, in preparation for more advanced management roles.